Benjamin Levy Aguilar to Star in Netflix’s Limited Series “The Woman in the House”

Benjamin Levy Aguilar is in the House

The Guatemalan actor been cast opposite Kristen Bell and Tom Riley in Netflix’s eight-episode limited series The Woman in the House, from Gloria Sanchez Productions.

Benjamin Levy Aguilar

Created by Rachel Ramras, Hugh Davidson and Larry Dorf, who also serve as co-showrunners, The Woman In The House centers around heartbroken Anna (Bell), for whom every day is the same. She sits with her wine, staring out the window, watching life go by without her. But when a handsome neighbor moves in across the street, Anna starts to see a light at the end of the tunnel. That is until she witnesses a gruesome murder… Or did she?

Aguilar plays Rex, who may not be the brightest bulb in the chandelier, but he’s definitely the hottest and hard for women to resist.

Aguilar’s credits include Filthy RichBefore the DawnSpiritCultural ClashCanis MajorThe Black SpotMy Life for Yours and Rukky.

Angel Manuel Soto to Direct DC Films & Warner Bros.’ “Blue Beetle,” Featuring the First Latino Superhero

Angel Manuel Soto is feelin’ blue

The 38-year-old Puerto Rican filmmaker Angel Manuel Soto is set to direct DC Films and Warner Bros.’ Blue Beetle, the first superhero film that will be led by a Latino character.

Angel Manuel Soto

Created by Charles Wojtkowski for Fox Comics in 1939, the character Blue Beetle has had a number of superhero alter egos, but the film is said to focus on Jaime Reyes who was first introduced in 2006. As the Blue Beetle, the Mexican-American teen from El Paso is known for his high-tech alien armor.

Miss Bala scribe Gareth Dunnet-Alcocer, who also wrote the screenplay for the upcoming Scarface reboot, penned the script for Blue Beetle.

Soto directed the 2020 drama Charm City Kings, which has its premiere at last year’s Sundance Film Festival and is currently available to stream on HBO Max.

Netflix to Release Season Two of Diego Boneta-Starrer “Luis Miguel: The Series” in April

Diego Boneta is ready for his next round of Sol-shine

Netflix will release the second season of Luis Miguel: The Series, starring the 30-year-old Mexican actor/singer as the Mexican singer known as El Sol de México, on April 18, 2021, via Netflix.

Diego Boneta, Luis Miguel: The Series

The premiere comes almost three years after season one aired on April 22, 2018, and the day before Luis Miguel’s 51st birthday.

“The brighter the sun, the darker the shadows,” reads a 52-second teaser.

The series highlights Luismi‘s childhood, musical career, and the whereabouts of his missing mother, Marcela Basteri.

“The preparation and the process for this were unlike anything I’ve ever done,” Boneta said during Billboard’s 2018 Latin Music Week in Las Vegas. “I pretty much had a year to only prepare for this, which is an insane amount of time.”

 

Netflix revealed that a new episode of Luis Miguel: The Series will air every Sunday starting on April 18.

Enrique Murciano to Star in Starz’s Reimagined “Step Up” Series

Enrique Murciano is steppin’ up…

The 47-year-old Cuban American actor has been cast in the new installment of Starz’s re-imagined Step Up series.

Enrique Murciano

Murciano will serve as a series regular on the series, joining Christina Milian and Ne-Yo.

The series hails from creator and executive producer Holly Sorensen, Starz and Lionsgate Television. Starz will air the first two seasons of the series beginning on Friday, March 5 across all platforms.

Inspired by the Step Up Lionsgate film franchise that grossed over $600 million at the worldwide box office, the original series centers on Sage Odom (Ne-Yo) as the legendary founder of Atlanta’s famed High Water Performing Art School. Collette (Milian is the Queen of High Water and Sage Odom’s partner in art, business, and love. Collette built and nurtured Sage’s visionary academy from the ground up. Grinding her way to the top with grit and resourcefulness, Collette earned a new role, manager of Sage Odom and his tour, all this while hiding a dark secret. As this secret comes crashing down on Sage, High Water, and the tour, Collette is tempted by an opportunity to step out of her role as the woman behind the man, to become the powerful woman in front of the man.

Murciano plays “Cruz,” a man hoping to carve his face into the Mount Rushmore of high profile, celebrity lawyers and who will do whatever it takes to claw his way to the primetime status of Cochran, Dershowitz, and Geragos, finally joining the pantheon of litigation gods. The case that will get him there, Sage Odom’s murder accusation. As Cruz fights through the intrigue and conspiracy to save Sage’s life and career, he can’t help but think to the future, imagining himself sauntering down a red carpet like an urban cowboy in his sharply tailored Dries Van Noten.

Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan, who both co-starred in the original Step Up film, will executive produce through Free Association production company and Everheart Productions, Inc., respectively..

The series is inspired by the Lionsgate franchise spanning five films: Step Up, Step Up 2: The Streets, Step Up: 3D, Step Up: Revolution and Step Up: All InThe film series also inspired the live music and dance show Step Up Dubai, All In! at Motiongate Dubai theme park.

The new Step Up series will air on Starz in the U.S. and Canada and on its international streaming platform Starzplay across Europe, Latin America and Japan.

Murciano’s previous credits include Tell Me Your Secrets, Bloodline and Without a Trace.

Maluma Announces Papi Juancho 2021 World Tour for Fall 2021

Maluma is hitting the road this fall…

The 27-year-old Colombian singer/songwriter is planning to go back on tour, revealing U.S. dates and venues for his Papi Juancho 2021 World Tour.

Maluma

“I can’t believe I’m finally announcing my next tour, I’m crying of joy,” he expressed on Instagram. “I miss you guys, finallyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!”

The U.S. leg of his tour is set to kick off on September 2 at the Golden 1 Center in Sacramento, California, and will run until October 24 at Allstate Arena in Chicago, Illinois.

The fall tour, produced by Cardenas Marketing Network (CMN), will also make pit stops in cities like Las Vegas, New York, Atlanta, and Miami, to name a few, with additional tour dates potentially added in the coming weeks.

“I couldn’t be more excited to announce my return to the concert stage. It’s what I have been dreaming about for months and we are going to celebrate together like never before,” the Colombian singer expressed in a press statement. “It’s going to be a celebration! This will be my fourth U.S. tour and I am planning a brand new show full of surprises for my fans and lots of new music off my last two albums ‘Papi Juancho’ and ‘7DJ.’”

General tickets go on sale at 10:00 a.m. local time on February 26 via Ticketmaster, AXS for select venues, and Hacienda Midland for Odessa, Texas.

An exclusive fan pre-sale on February 25 will be made available by Maluma on Instagram, as well as a pre-sale by CMN and WK Entertainment using the code: CMN, WKE.

According to the statement, “CMN will follow and comply with recommendations and guidelines imposed by governmental authorities and public health departments.”

Here are the U.S. dates for Maluma’s Papi Juancho 2021 World Tour:

Thursday, September 2nd: Sacramento, CA – Golden 1 Center
Friday, September 3rd: Los Angeles, CA – The Forum
Saturday, September 4th: Las Vegas, NV – Michelob Ultra Arena
Thursday, September 9th: San Jose, CA – SAP Center
Saturday, September 11th: Ontario, CA – Toyota Arena
Sunday, September 12th: San Diego, CA – Pechanga Arena
Saturday, September 18th: Seattle, WA – WaMu Theater
Thursday, September 23rd: Phoenix, AZ – Phoenix Suns Area
Friday, September 24th: El Paso, TX – Don Haskins Center
Saturday, September 25th: Odessa, TX – La Hacienda Event Center
Sunday, September 26th: San Antonio, TX – AT&T Center
Thursday, September 30th: Bridgeport, CT – Webster Bank Arena
Friday, October 1st: New York, NY – Madison Square Garden
Saturday, October 2nd: Washington DC – Capital One Area
Sunday, October 3rd: Greensboro, NC – Greensboro Coliseum Complex
Thursday, October 7th: Atlanta, GA – StateFarm Arena
Friday, October 8th: Orlando, FL – Amway Center
Saturday, October 9th: Miami, FL – AmericanAirlines Arena
Sunday, October 10th: Fort Myers, FL – Hertz Arena
Thursday, October 14th: Dallas, TX – American Airlines Center
Friday, October 15th: Laredo, TX – Sames Auto Arena
Saturday, October 16th: McAllen, TX – Payne Arena
Sunday, October 24th: Chicago, IL – Allstate Arena

Aaron Sanchez Agrees to One-Year, $4 Million Deal with San Francisco Giants

Aaron Sanchez has agreed to a giant(s) deal…

The 28-year-old Mexican American professional baseball pitcher has finalized a $4 million, one-year contract with the San Francisco Giants, giving the club another experienced starter to join Johnny Cueto in the rotation.

Aaron Sanchez

The Giants said Sanchez could earn up to $2.5 million more in performance bonuses based on starts: $250,000 each for 16 and 18 starts and $500,000 each for 20, 22, 24 and 26 games started. He has been plagued by injuries in recent years.

Sanchez hasn’t pitched since 2019, sitting out last year’s shortened season while recovering from surgery on his pitching shoulder. He went 5-14 with a 5.89 ERA over 27 starts and 131⅓ innings playing for Toronto Blue Jays and Houston Astros.

A 2016 MLB All-Star for the Blue Jays, he made only 20 starts in 2018 and eight starts the year before because of a blister and split fingernail.

The Giants cleared room on the 40-man roster for Sanchez by designating right-hander Trevor Gott for assignment.

Pedro Pascal to Star in Judd Apatow’s Netflix Comedy “The Bubble”

Things are bubbling up for Pedro Pascal

The 45-year-old Chilean actor has been cast in Judd Apatow’s next comedy The Bubble for Netflix.

Pedro Pascal

Pascal, who recently starred in Wonder Woman 1984, joins a cast that includes Karen GillanIris Apatow, Fred ArmisenMaria Bakalova, David Duchovny, Keegan-Michael Key, Leslie Mann and Peter Serafinowicz.

Apatow will direct and produce the film, as well as co-write the script with Pam Brady.

The film follows a group of actors and actresses stuck inside a pandemic bubble at a hotel attempting to complete a film. The film couldn’t be more timely as more and more productions are ramping back up even as COVID-19 remains in full effect around the world.

Once Netflix boarded the project, it quickly was fast-tracked with a plan to start shooting at the top of 2021. The plan also always has been to deliver a cast that rivals previous A-list ensembles like those for The Disaster Artist and Knives Out.

Teofimo Lopez Jr.’s Next Likely Opponent: George Kambosos Jr.

Teofimo Lopez Jr. has an idea on who his likely next opponent will be.

The 23-year-old Honduran American professional boxer, a lightweight star, is focused on keeping all five of his lightweight titles as he gears up for his next fight.

Teofimo Lopez Jr.

Mandatory IBF challenger George Kambosos Jr. is the front-runner to fight Lopez next, in a bout that would likely take place in the early spring in the United States, sources told ESPN.

Top Rank, which manages Lopez, is in talks with Kambosos’ team on a deal. There was early talk of this fight being in Kambosos’ homeland of Australia, where there could be a larger crowd, but the intention now, according to sources, is for the bout to take place in the U.S. due to COVID-19 restrictions and quarantine requirements in Australia, among other things. New York has been mentioned as an early location option.

Kambosos (19-0, 10 KOs) became the IBF mandatory challenger after defeating Lee Selby by split decision in October.

Lopez is coming off the biggest win of any boxer in 2020, defeating former ESPN No.1 pound-for-pound fighter Vasiliy Lomachenko in October to win the IBF, WBO, WBA, WBC franchise and The Ring magazine titles. He’s the supreme belt holder in an extremely exciting lightweight division that also features young undefeated stars Ryan Garcia, Gervonta “Tank” Davis and Devin Haney.

 

Lopez told ESPN his ideal plan for 2021 is fighting Haney at lightweight before moving up to the junior welterweight division to face the winner of the May 8 Jose RamirezJosh Taylor undisputed title bout. That could still be in store as the year goes on, but he knows Kambosos is likely next.

“The only thing that is holding it up is my mandatory. I have to pay my respect to that guy. He fought his way up, the same way I had to fight my way up to be IBF lightweight world champion before I got to the point where I fought Vasiliy Lomachenko,” Lopez told ESPN. “I’ll deal with that process first, negotiate, see what happens, and if they agree with all the terms, that will have to be the guy. It’s not because it’s who I want but because it’s my mandatory. A lot of people say I’m ducking a lot of people, but I’m not. I got to go through the process — that’s just part of the game. If things go south, Devin Haney is the next guy, and hopefully we can make that fight happen without him trying to overprice himself.”

“I’m a true champion. I’m not letting go of any of my belts.”

If Kambosos’ team doesn’t agree to a deal this week, the IBF will send a letter for a purse bid Saturday. Approximately a week and a half after the letter is sent, a purse bid would be set to lock in the pay structure of a fight. If Kambosos still doesn’t accept the purse bid deal, Lopez and Top Rank will seek to move on to other, more appealing options.

Coming off a banner year in which he was named Fighter of the Year by multiple outlets, Lopez plans to continue to be in big 50-50 bouts and add to his large collection of titles.

Lopez told ESPN he is at about 70% coming off foot surgery after the Lomachenko fight. He shed a walking boot and has begun running. He plans to get back into the ring by the end of the month and expects to be 100% by his next fight date, which is currently expected to be in late April or May.

Tony Revolori to Reportedly Star in Disney+ & Lucasfilm’s Fantasy Series “Willow,” a Follow-Up to the 1988 Film

It’s a possible sweet, sweet fantasy project for Tony Revolori.

The 24-year-old Guatemalan American actor and Spider-Man franchise scene-stealer is in talks for a lead role opposite Ellie Bamber, Cailee Spaeny and Erin Kellyman in Willow, Disney+ and Lucasfilm’s upcoming television series follow-up to the 1988 fantasy movie.

Tony Revolori

The film’s star Warwick Davis will reportedly reprise his title role.

The new incarnation of Willow comes from Jonathan Kasdan, who wrote the pilot and serves as co-showrunner alongside Wendy Mericle; the original film’s director Ron Howard and writer Bob Dolman; as well as Lucasfilm, which produced the movie.

The series, which marks Lucasfilm’s first venture into non-Star Wars storytelling since 2015, will take place years after the events of the film. It introduces all-new characters to the enchanted realm of fairy queens and two-headed Eborsisk monsters, and welcomes back its hero Willow Ufgood (Davis).

No additional details about the series’ storyline have been released.

According to circulated casting information for the series, it revolves around a group on a mission to save a kidnapped prince. The members of the team include Dove (Bamber), an unassuming kitchen maid whose backstory resembles that of Willow from the movie. Proven that she is “the chosen one,” she is joined on the journey by Kit (Spaeny), the princess whose twin brother was abducted.

Kellyman plays Jade, a servant who is Kit’s best friend and moral compass.  Also part of the group is a guy, referred to as Boorman, who echoes Val Kilmer’s character in the movie. It’s not entire clear if Revolori portrays that character, a thief and liar who joins the quest in exchange for getting out of prison.

Willow is slated to film in Wales, where much of the original film was shot.

Revolori is known for playing Flash in Spider-Man: Homecoming, Far from Home and the upcoming third film in the current incarnation of the Marvel franchise. He also had a memorable co-starring turn in Wes Anderson’s The Grand Budapest Hotel and will soon be seen in Anderson’s next film, The French Dispatch. His television series credits include Royalties and Servant.

A Martinez to Star in Michael Bay’s Action Thriller “Ambulance”

A Martinez is preparing a medical emergency

The 72-year-old part-Mexican American actor will star in the Michael Bay-directed action thriller Ambulance.

A Martinez

Martinez joins the list of new additions to the cast list that includes Garret DillahuntKeir O’Donnell and Moses Ingram.

The four join current cast members Jake Gyllenhaal, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II and Eiza Gonzalez in a feature that’s based off the original Danish film Ambulancen

While the plot is being kept under wraps, the film is expected to be in the spirit of such 1990s action films as Speed and Bad Boys.

Chris Fedak wrote the original script.

Universal is distributing the movie with Endeavor Content packaging of the project.

Martinez, who gained acclaim in the soap operas Santa Barbara, General Hospital, One Life to LiveThe Bold and the Beautiful and Days of Our Lives, recently appeared in the series-long role of Jacob Nighthorse on Netflix’s Longmire, as well as recurring roles on The Bay and Queen of the South. He has also appeared in films including The Cowboys, She-Devil and Powwow Highway.