Scotty McCreery is the Three Million Dollar Man…
The 20-year-old part-Puerto Rican country singer and former American Idol champion has earned a spot on Forbes magazine’s annual list of the Top-Earning American Idols.
McCreery comes in at No. 6 on the list, raking in $3 million dollars.
“Still not old enough to drink legally and not quite three years removed from his Idol win, McCreery is already making a name for himself as a solo act,” states the magazine’s description of McCreery. “His debut album, Clear As Day, sold over 1 million copies; on the road, he opened for Brad Paisley before launching a solo tour in 2013.”
Forbes determined this year’s Top-Earning list by calculating pretax earnings from June 2012 through June 2013 “with the help of data from Pollstar Pro, the RIAA, Nielsen SoundScan as wells industry veterans, the musicians’ handlers and some of the artists themselves.”
Carrie Underwood, who raked in approximately $31 million, comes in No. 1 on the list. Over the past five years, Forbes estimates that she has earned $83 million.
Here’s the complete list:
1. Carrie Underwood, $31 million
2. Kelly Clarkson, $7 million
3. Phillip Phillips, $5 million
3. Adam Lambert, $5 million
5. Chris Daughtry, $4 million
6. Scotty McCreery $3 million
7. Taylor Hicks, $2.5 million
8. Fantasia Barrino, $1.5 million
8. Kellie Pickler, $1.5 million
10. Katharine McPhee, $1 million
10. Jennifer Hudson, $1 million