He’s mastered a mean southpaw stance during his sparring career… But Victor Ortiz will now have to learn the ropes in ballroom dancing.
The 26-year-old Mexican American boxer, a former WBC Welterweight Champion, signed up to compete in the 16th cycle of ABC’s Dancing with the Stars. He’ll be one of 11 celebrities, and the sole Latino, competing this season.
Ortiz, known for his aggressive style, two-fisted power and boyish charm, has been paired with new professional dancer Lindsay Arnold.
Along with Ortiz, the new Dancing with the Stars contestants include Baltimore Ravens wide receiver Jacoby Jones, country singers Kellie Pickler and Wynonna Judd, General Hospital star Ingo Rademacher, the Disney Channel’s Shake It Up star Zendaya Coleman, actor/comedian Andy Dick, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills star Lisa Vanderpump, Olympians Aly Raisman and Dorothy Hamill and comedian D.L. Hughley.
The 16th season of Dancing with the Stars will premiere on ABC on Monday, March 18.
Here’s a look at the new cast members and the pro they’ve been assigned:
- Victor Ortiz and Lindsay Arnold
- Kellie Pickler and Derek Hough
- Wynonna Judd and Tony Dovolani
- Ingo Rademacher and Kym Johnson
- Zendaya Coleman and Valentin Chmerkovskiy
- Andy Dick and Sharna Burgess
- Lisa Vanderpump and Gleb Savchenko
- Aly Raisman and Mark Ballas
- Dorothy Hamill and Tristan MacManus
- D.L. Hughley and Cheryl Burke
- Jacoby Jones and Karina Smirnoff