Disney+ Releases Sneak Peek at Season Two of Pedro Pascal’s “The Mandalorian”

Pedro Pascal is ready to blast off…

Disney+ offered a special sneak peek at season two of The Mandalorian, starring the 45-year-old Chilean actor as the title character, during ESPN’s Monday Night Football.

Pedro Pascal as The Mandalorian

The spot, which aired during halftime of the game between the Arizona Cardinals and the Dallas Cowboys, reveals a bit more detail of the plot for the new season, with The Mandalorian (Pascal) now seemingly on a mission to return The Child (aka Baby Yoda) “to his kind” while also searching out other Mandalorians who can help him.

“Wherever I go, he goes,” Mando says about his charge.

The upcoming season follows the successful Season 1 of the first live-action Star Wars spinoff series, which scored 15 Emmy nominations including for Outstanding Drama Series, and won seven. Shooting had already wrapped on the second season before the coronavirus-related production shutdown in mid-March. Work is already underway on Season 3.

The new season of the Lucasfilm-produced returns Pascal as The Mandalorian, aka Din Djarin, and The Child who continue to attempt to evade ruthless Imperial Remnant officer Moff Gideon (Giancarlo Esposito). Gina Carano and Carl Weathers also return from Season 1, with cast newcomers including Rosario Dawson (reportedly as Ahsoka Tano), Temuera Morrison as Boba Fett, Katee Sackhoff, Michael Biehn and Timothy Olyphant among others.

Directors for the new season include Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Bryce Dallas Howard, Rick Famuyiwa, Weathers, Peyton Reed and Robert Rodriguez.

Season 2 of the series will debut on Disney’s streaming platform next Friday, October 30.

Disney+ to Premiere Season 2 of Pedro Pascal’s “The Mandalorian” in October

Pedro Pascal is heading back to space next month…

Disney+ will launch the second season of The Mandalorian, starring the 45-year-old Chilean actor as the title character, on Friday, October 30.

Pedro Pascal, The Mandalorian

The Mandalorian, set five years after the 1983 Star Wars movie Return of the Jedi, follows a bounty hunter (Pascal), who is protecting a highly coveted Jedi-powered being, simply called The Child, from falling into the hands of the villainous Imperial Empire. The bounty hunter is from the same rogue warrior class as legacy Star Wars character Jango Fett.

In addition to Pascal, the series also stars Gina Carano, Giancarlo Esposito, Carl Weathers, Omid Abtahi and Ming-Na Wen.

New faces for Season 2 include Rosario Dawson, Michael Biehn and a recurring Bill Burr.

Shooting had already wrapped on the second season before the coronavirus-related production shutdown in mid-March. And work is already underway on Season 3.

The series is nominated for 15 Primetime Emmy awards, including outstanding drama series.

Wilson Cruz to Take Part in Classic “Superman” Radio Series Reenactments During Next Week’s ‘DC FanDome: Explore the Multiverse’ Virtual Event

Wilson Cruz is preparing for a super project…

The 46-year-old Puerto Rican actor will take part in Warner Bros. and The Creative Coalition’s reenactments of the 1940s Superman radio series to take place during DC FanDome: Explore the Multiverse on September 12. The acclaimed original long-running radio serial originally aired from 1940 to 1951.

Wilson Cruz

The reenactments of the Superman radio series will be available all day during the virtual confab and feature an all-star roster of actors toplined by Cruz, who stars on Star Trek: Discovery, Tim Daly and Daniel Dae Kim as the Man of Steel himself.

Superman Radio Series

Using original scripts from the long-running radio serial recently unearthed from the Warner Bros. Studios vault, this rare production will allow fans to experience one of their favorite superheros in a unique way.

“We are thrilled to join comic fans and creators at DC FanDome: Explore the Multiverse to bring the original Superman to life and celebrate the arts,” said The Creative Coalition CEO Robin Bronk. “We encourage Superman fans to learn more about The Creative Coalition’s mission to support the arts by visiting TheCreativeCoalition.org. We are grateful to Warner Bros. and DC for supporting that work.”

In addition to Cruz, Daly and Kim, the radio series will feature Jason Alexander, Troian Bellisario, Erich Bergen, Anthony Carrigan, Terry Crews, Sam Daly, Lea DeLaria, Giancarlo Esposito, Sean Giambrone, The Good Doctor’s Nicholas Gonzalez, Jason Isaacs, Richard Kind, Eric McCormack, Dean Norris, CCH Pounder, Anthony Rapp, Yolonda Ross, Caterina Scorsone, Tony Shalhoub, Tamara Tunie, Henry Winkler, Alfre Woodard and Constance Zimmer.

Click here to learn more about the DC FanDome: Explore the Multiverse.

Robert Rodriguez Directing Season Two of Disney+’s “The Mandalorian”

Robert Rodriguezis heading to a galaxy far, far away…

The 51-year-old Mexican American director/producer will serve as the director for Season 2 of Disney+’s The Mandalorian.

Robert Rodriguez

The Sin City and Spy Kidsfilmmaker tweeted a photo of himself with “the biggest star in the universe,” aka Baby Yoda.

“I am truly humbled to say I now have had the very rare privilege of directing the biggest star in the universe,” Rodriguez tweeted.

Production on the sophomore season of the Star Warsspinoff series already has wrapped. 

Among the new faces for Season 2 are Rosario DawsonMichael Biehnand a recurring Bill Burr. They join returning stars including Pedro Pascalin the title role, Gina CaranoGiancarlo EspositoEmily SwallowCarl WeathersOmid AbtahiWerner Herzog,Nick NolteJulia Jonesand Ming-Na Wen.

The live-action interstellar bounty hunter series premiered on November 12 on Disney+, the day the streaming service launched. Insiders have hinted that several established characters from the Skywalker saga’s feature films mythology will make appearances during the show’s sophomore season.

Season 2 of The Mandalorianwill premiere in the fall, but work already has begunon Season 3.

Maná Confirmed to Receive Hollywood Walk of Fame Star in 2014

They’re stars in their native Mexico and Latin America… And, now Maná will now get the ultimate star in Hollywood.

As previously reported, the Mexican rock band has been confirmed as a recipient of a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame next year.

Mana

The band, which was formed in 1986, has sold an estimated 35 million albums worldwide. They initially received international commercial success in Australia and Spain and have since gained popularity and exposure in the US, Western Europe, Asia, and the Middle East.

Maná joins Katy Perry, rapper Tupac Shakur and comedian Phil Hartman as honored on the Walk of Fame, which recognizes professionals in film, television, radio and recording industries.

For motion pictures, Orlando Bloom, Ray Dolby, Sally Field, Jessica Lange, Matthew McConaughey, Liam Neeson and Tom Sherak will be recognized.

In television, Dabney Coleman, Kaley Cuoco, Claire Danes, Giancarlo Esposito, Deidre Hall, Cheryl Hines, Don Mischer and Tavis Smiley will be the recipients.

Motown songwriters and producers Holland-Dozier-Holland, Jeff Lynne, Mexican band Mana, Ray Parker Jr., Katy Perry, Rick Springfield.

“We have a great mix of celebrities and industry executives who have made Hollywood what it is today — one of the greatest entertainment destinations in the world,” said David Green, chairman of the Walk of Fame selection committee. “The new selections will bring great joy and fond memories for those millions who visit Hollywood each year!”

Dates for the Walk of Fame ceremonies have not been scheduled. Honorees have up to five years to schedule their ceremonies from date of selection, otherwise they will expire.