Lin-Manuel Miranda is Getting Lyrical About John Bolton’s Book Title

Lin-Manuel Miranda is getting political…

The 40-year-old Puerto Rican star and Hamilton creator has weighed in on John Bolton’s lift of a lyric from his Tony Award-winning musical for use as the title of his memoir The Room Where It Happened.

Lin-Manuel Miranda

Since the former national security adviser announced the title last year, Hamiltonfans have taken notice of the reference to the musical’s song “The Room Where It Happens.” 

Earlier this year, the show’s producer, Jeffrey Seller, told a California newspaper, “I don’t even know how to describe it; it’s just strange.”

And now Miranda has just chimed it… by adding a lyric to another Hamilton number, “Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story.” 

He tweeted – with the additions in brackets – today:

Let me tell you what I wish I’d known
When I was young and dreamed of glory
You have no control
Who lives, who dies, who [borrows your song title to write a cash-in book when they could have testified before Congress]
tells your story…

Bolton’s book is set for release on June 23, and while his portrait of President Donald Trump is far from flattering, Miranda calls him out for not stepping up and testifying before Congress during the impeachment hearings.

Seizing the moment, Miranda provides a link in his tweet to Fair Fight, an advocate for fair elections in Georgia. Miranda’s link opens to a page that says, “Sign up to volunteer and help us build a more inclusive Georgia, where every vote is counted and every voice is heard.”

The Kid Mero’s Showtime Show “Desus & Mero” Returning in July

It’ll be a memorable Fourth of July weekend for The Kid Mero

Showtime’s Desus & Mero, starring the37-year-old Dominican-American writer/comedian, has been scheduled to return with new episodes starting July 5, after a June hiatus.

The Kid Mero

The premiere date marks a move from Mondays to Sundays for the late-night series, creating a first-run block with The Chi and Black MondayIt also will continue to air on Thursdays starting at 11:00 pm ET both nights.

Desus & Mero will continue to be shot from the hosts’ homes with Desus (Daniel Baker) and The Kid Mero (Joel Martinez) offering their take on the day’s hot topics and talking with guests from the worlds of pop culture, sports, music, politics and more.

The longtime acquaintances reconnected online in the early days of Twitter, where they unleashed their potent personalities and found themselves kindred spirits. That led to stints on Complex and MTV, the Bodega Boys podcast and a daily late-night show on Viceland

Desus & Mero originally aired on Viceland from 2016-18 before moving to Showtime in February 2019, when Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was the duo’s first guest. It expanded to two nights a week for last year’s summer run.

Desus & Merois produced for Showtime by Jax Media

Shakira Takes to Social Media to Hint at New Music

Shakira’s ready to give fans what they want… new music!

Posing with headphones in front of a microphone, the 43-year-old Colombian superstar announced this week: “I’ve read your tweets bosses! I’m on it!,” hinting that she’s working on new music. 

Shakira

Shak’s Twitter fans immediately reacted with “OMG’s” and requests for a new English-language track. 

One Twitter user even hoped for a “Middle Eastern-Urban fusion with English lyrics and a good music video.”

Shak continues making the rounds with her Anuel AA-assisted single “Me Gusta,” which dropped in January and jumped 20-6 in its second frame on Billboard’s Hot Latin Songs chart dated February 1. 

“Me Gusta” is an infectious reggaeton-meets-Latin-trap fusion revives Inner Circle’s 1992 reggae bop “Sweat,” using parts of the timeless “ala la la la long” chorus.

During quarantine, Shakira isn’t only recording music but also celebrating the 2.5 billion video views for “Waka Waka (This Time For Africa)” and recently revealed that she graduated from a four-week online crash course in philosophy at the University of Pennsylvania because she needed to “make the confinement productive.”

Melissa Villaseñor to Appear in Saturday Night Live’s Second At-Home Episode

Melissa Villaseñor will be bringing the laughs once again from the comfort of her home…

Saturday Night Live will air its second at-home episode on April 25, featuring the 32-year-old Mexican American comedian/actress.

Melissa Villaseñor

The episode was announced Thursday on the show’s Twitter feed, accompanied by a video of the cast joining in a video conference call.

Saturday’s edition of the show will be the second one produced remotely, with cast members all filming sketches from their homes. 

The first, which aired April 11, pulled in SNL‘s second-best same day ratings of the season, trailing only the Eddie Murphy-hosted installment in December.

Tom Hanksserved as the nominal host for the episode, introducing the show from his kitchen and returning to wrap up the episode. He didn’t take part in any sketches. 

Chris Martinwas the musical guest, performing in front of a hand-drawn backdrop mimicking the SNL stage.

No host or musical guest information for Saturday’s edition was available at publication time.

Bad Bunny Releases New Album “YHLQMDLG”

Bad Bunnyis doing whatever he wants, including releasing a new surprise album…

The 25-year-old Puerto Rican Latin trap and reggaeton singer released YHLQMDLG, which stands for “Yo hago lo que me da la gana,” on Saturday at midnight.

Bad Bunny

The title is a testament to what Bad Bunny’s fans love about him. From redefining men’s fashion to his outspokenness about Puerto Rican politics, Bad Bunny has always stayed true to himself.

“My job is what I’m passionate about. I simply do what fulfills me,” Bad Bunny told Entertainment Tonight, ahead of the album drop. “I try to please people. I try to please myself.”

The sprawling 20-track album includes an all-star lineup of guest stars, including Daddy YankeeÑengo FlowSech and Jowell y Randy— as well as uncredited vocals by ArcángelAnuel AA and Myke Towers. The song “Bichiyal” also features a surprise comeback from Puerto Rican cult favorite, Yaviah.

Said Bad Bunny of the new album on Twitter Friday afternoon: “Les recomiendo que esta noche se reunan con sus amistades y seres queridos, compren cervezas, tengan el surtido correcto para toda la noche y la pasen cabrón escuchando mi álbum.” In short, the album goes down best with a few beers and your best buddies.

Bad Bunny’s star has been on the meteoric rise since 2018. After he dropped his debut album X 100pre, which won best urban music album at the Latin Grammys, he released an album with J Balvin the very next year, Oasis.

Michelle Caruso-Cabrera to Run Against Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Michelle Caruso-Cabrera is making a run for the U.S. House of Representatives… and she’s taking on a popular freshman Congresswoman.

The 53-year-old half-Cuban American journalist, business news reporter and CNBCcontributor has launched a campaign for the New York City Congressional seat currently held by Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

Michelle Caruso-Cabrera

Caruso-Cabrera, an outspoken critic of government excess, will be running as a Democrat in the district, which stretches across the Bronx and Queens, though her political views position her significantly to the right of Ocasio-Cortez. 

CNBC says she will go on leave from the network, where she has been a reporter and anchor for 20 years.

“I am the daughter and granddaughter of working-class Italian and Cuban immigrants,” Caruso-Cabrera said in a statement. “I am so lucky to have had such a wonderful career and I want everybody to have the opportunity that I’ve had. That’s why I’m running.”

Known by her initials, AOC, the 30-year-old political newcomer’s victory in 2018 was one of the high-profile wins as Democrats took control of the House of RepresentativesNetflix captured the win in the documentary Bringing Down the House. Ocasio-Cortez has since racked up more than 6 million Twitter followers. Along with other progressives new to the U.S.Congress, she has become a frequent target of conservatives’ attacks on Democratic leadership.

In her 2010 book, You Know I’m Right: More Prosperity, Less Government, Caruso-Cabrera emphasizes themes like personal responsibility, fiscal conservatism and limited government.

Prior to joining CNBC, Caruso-Cabrera worked at Univision. She has appeared multiple times as a guest on HBO’s Real Time with Bill Maher. In a 2011 episode’s “Overtime” segment onYouTube, she promoted her book and defended CNBC against charges that it took a political stance similar to that of Fox News’ opinion hosts. She also described President Barack Obama as “extremely liberal” and misguided because he “believes that government can solve so many problems that it can’t,” such as health care.

Ally Brooke Shows Off Her Dance Moves in New “No Good” Music Video

Ally Brookeis up to no good… with a sexy dance partner.

The 26-year-old Mexican American singer and former Fifth Harmony member showing off her Dancing with the Stars moves in her just-releasedmusic video for “No Good.”

Ally Brooke

Ally Brooke samples the Kelly Charlesclassic “You’re No Good For Me” to make a modern anthem for the independent woman, but her ex-turned-dance partner puts on the moves to win her back in a sensual routine. 

Even though she finished in third place on the ABCreality dance competition, Ally Brooke pulls off some mesmerizing, fluid choreography that captures the drama she’s singing about. 

From digging her heels right into his chest to letting him twirl her all over the floor, it feels like she’s dancing with the devil — and she let her fans know on Twitterthat it wasn’t easy.

When one fan asked about the hardest part of the choreography, she replied, “There was a sequence of moves, with the spin at the end. I kept getting extremely nauseous and dizzy after every take, I literally almost PASSED OUT. But it was worth it lol.”


Monica Hernandez to Moderate the Next Democratic Presidential Debate

Monica Hernandezis getting political…

The Latina broadcast journalist and WMUR-TV anchor/reporter will serve as a moderator at the next Democratic presidential debate, alongside ABC News chief anchor George StephanopoulosWorld News Tonight’s David Muir, ABC News correspondent Linsey Davis, and WMUR-TV’s Adam Sexton.

Monica Hernandez

The debate is set for February 7 at 8:00 pm ET in Manchester, New Hampshire, wedged between the Iowa Caucusesfour days before and the New Hampshire primary four days after.

The eighth debate of the primary cycle is hosted by ABC News, WMUR-TV and Apple News. It is set at St. Anselm Collegein Manchester and will air on ABCHearst Television’s WMUR-TV, Apple News and on ABC News Live.

So far, all six of the candidates who qualified for the previous debate – Joe BidenPete ButtigiegAmy KlobucharBernie SandersTom Steyer and Elizabeth Warren— appear to have met the fundraising and polling thresholds to qualify for the debate. Another way in per Democratic National Committeerules would be to score a pledged delegate in Iowa.

The qualifying criteria involving grassroots fundraising (225,000 individual donors with 1,000 unique donors or more per state) likely will keep out candidate Michael Bloomberg, who is self-financing.

The previous debate hosted by CNNat Drake Universityin Des Moines, Iowa on January 14 drew an estimated 7.3 million viewers, a slight uptick from the 6.17 million who watched the debate in December, sponsored by PBSand Politico, and the 6.5 million who watched November’s event, hosted by MSNBC.

The New Hampshire debate is the second of four in each of the key voting states. Next up is February 19 in Las Vegas, hosted by NBC News and MSNBC with The Nevada Independent, and February 25 in in Charleston, SC, hosted by CBS News, the Congressional Black Caucus Institute and Twitter.

Jennifer Lopez Appears in Coach’s Spring/Summer 2020 Campaign


Jennifer Lopezis this year’s face of fashion… And, she’s being recognized for her style.

The 50-year-old Puerto Rican superstar has landed another fashion campaign, Coach’s Spring/Summer 2020 campaign launching this week.

Jennifer Lopez x Coach

The photos feature a number of sleek looks, including one standout: a sweater with Barbra Streisand‘s face on it. The Funny Girl superstar took to Twitter to praise the look. 

Jennifer Lopez x Coach

“Love this! Hi @jlo — nice to see you wearing my face!,” she wrote with a tongue out emoji and a yellow heart.

JLo was elated with the shout out, and quickly replied, “OMG!!!!! Love youuuuu @BarbraStreisand.”

Lopez was announced as the new face of Coach back in November. 

“I’m so excited for this collaboration with Coach” she said at the time via Instagram. “It is a timeless brand that I’ve always been a fan of and the upcoming collection really speaks to my personal style –– an uptown downtown mix.”

This year, J.Lo has already appeared in campaigns for Guess and Versace.

Rafael Nadal Pledges AUD $250,000 for Australia Bushfire Relief Efforts During Rally for Relief

Rafael Nadal is swinging for a cause…

The 33-year-old Spanish tennis star was among some of tennis’ biggest names gathered in Rod Laver Arena on Wednesday to raise funds for Australia’s ongoing bushfire crisis.

Rafael Nadal Rally for Relief

Raising nearly 5 million Australian dollars ($3.5 million), Nadal, Serena WilliamsNovak DjokovicRoger FedererCaroline Wozniacki and a number of up-and-coming stars at the Rally for Relief gave the capacity crowd of more than 15,000 fans the opportunity to see the lighter side of the competitive sport.

Nadal and the gang volunteered their time for the cause. On several occasions, volunteer fire personnel took to the court to play against the tennis stars.

Australian’s Nick Kyrgiosplayed a role in kick-starting the wave of relief. His Twitterpledge of $200 per ace throughout the Australian summer inspired colleagues into action, prompting Tennis Australiato announce the Rally for Relief evening.

During the event, Federerand Nadal announced they’d contribute 250,000 Australian dollars to the cause.

Kyrgios said he “got goose bumps” when the figure was announced after his one-set match with Federer on the night.

“It’s been an emotional couple of weeks. I just wanted to send a message. … I was eating dinner and wrote a tweet … and it kind of exploded,” he said on court after the event. “When I was back home in Canberra, I couldn’t even go outside [due to the smoke].”

Federer said he and other players were only too happy to help out a nation in which he spends nearly one month of the year.

“It’s been hard to watch,” Federer said. “As you get it through the news, you don’t know how bad it is, but then you get here and speak to the people affected, it’s difficult. I’m always happy to help and lend my money and do my fair share.”