Pedro Pascal In Talks to Star in Tony Gilroy’s Next Film “Behemoth!”

Pedro Pascal is circling a monstrous role…

The 50-year-ol Chilean actor is in talks to star in the Searchlight Pictures film Behemoth! from writer-director Tony Gilroy.

Pedro PascalGilroy will write and direct the film.

While the deal isn’t yet closed, sources say Pascal wants to do it and things are headed in the right direction.

Plot details are vague at this time but Gilroy has said in interviews that the film revolves around a cellist.

Gilroy would also produce with Sanne Wohlenberg.

The film is set to begin principal photography this fall in Los Angeles, with release plans to be announced at a later date.

Pascal is coming off a hugely successful summer, with A24 and Celine Song’s Materialists, A24 and Ari Aster’s Eddington and Marvel’s Fantastic Four: First Steps. All three projects premiered to widespread critical acclaim, with Materialists being A24’s third highest grossing opening ever, and Fantastic Four: First Steps being Marvel’s highest grossing opening of 2025.

Fantastic Four kicked off the next phase of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and Pascal recently wrapped production on the next Avengers movie, Avengers: Doomsday, which will premiere in 2026.

Also in 2026, Pedro will reprise his role as Din Djarin in Star Wars: The Mandalorian and Grogu.

On the television side, Pascal most recently earned a Lead Actor Emmy nomination for his performance in season two of HBO’s The Last of Us. Pascal garnered Lead Actor Emmy and Golden Globe Award nominations and won a Screen Actors Guild Award for his performance in season 1.

Other recent credits include Ridley Scott’s Gladiator II, Freaky Tales and Pedro Almodovar’s A Strange Way Of Life.

Season Two of Diego Luna’s “Andor” to Premiere on Disney+ in April 2025

Diego Luna is returning to a galaxy far, far away next April…

Disney has revealed that Season 2 of the Disney+ Star Wars spin-off series  Andor, starring the 44-year-old Mexican actor, director, and producer, will premiere on April 22, 2025 on the streaming platform.

Diego Luna, Andor, The new season of Andor will premiere more than two years after Season 1 ended.

Andor stars Luna, reprising his role as the titular Rebel spy Cassian Andor after Rogue One (2016). Following his journey from thief to revolutionary during his formative years with the Rebel Alliance, Season 1 sees Andor take on difficult missions for the cause.

Ben Mendelsohn has joined the cast of Season 2, reprising his villainous Rogue One role as Orson Krennic. Luna has said in a teaser clip that the “stakes are greater” in the new season.

“This second part will follow Cassian over the period of four years as he grows into the hero we see make the ultimate sacrifice in Rogue One,” he explained.

Creator Tony Gilroy planned out the series as a two-season adventure with the second season leading up to the events in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, where audiences were first introduced to Luna’s Andor.

Season 2 comes after production was halted on the new episodes last July amid the SAG-AFTRA strike.

Filming for Second Season of Diego Luna’s “Star Wars” Prequel “Andor” to Begin in Late November

Diego Luna is back at War

Andor, the Star Wars prequel starring the 42-year-old Mexican actor and producer, has already set the start of filming for its second season with creator Tony Gilroy revealing the date.

Diego LunaEarlier this year, Gilroy confirmed that the second season of Andor would start shooting in November.

Eager fans had been anxious to find out when that would be and Gilroy recently told Collider in an interview that the Disney+ series would start shooting “the Monday before Thanksgiving,” which is November 21.

The show was planned out as a two-season adventure with the second season leading up to the events in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story where audiences were first introduced to Luna’s Cassian Andor character. Each season would consist of 12 episodes for a total of 24 episodes.

Gilroy had previously said the first season would consist of one year presented throughout 12 episodes. The second season would be broken into “four blocks of three [episodes]” with “each block” representing “another year closer.”

“We really get to take the formative forging of Cassian Andor in the first 12 episodes and then we get to take that organism that we’ve built up and run it through the next four years in a really exciting narrative fashion,” he added.

Gilroy hinted that the last season of Episode 24 would “walk the audience directly into the first scenes of Rogue One.”

Andor explores a new perspective from the Star Wars galaxy, focusing on Cassian Andor’s journey to discover the difference he can make. The series brings forward the tale of the burgeoning rebellion against the Empire and how people and planets became involved. It’s an era filled with danger, deception and intrigue where Cassian embarks on the path that is destined to turn him into a rebel hero.

Diego Luna to Star in Disney+’s New “Star Wars” Series “Andor”

Diego Luna is heading back to the Force…

Pivoting off 2016’s Rogue One: A Star Wars story, the 40-year-old actor is returning to the Star Wars franchise with the new series Andor.

Diego Luna

With Tony Gilroy running the show, the 12-episode series will debut in 2022, Lucasfilm boss Kathleen Kennedy has revealed.

Having launched production just a few weeks ago in the United Kingdom on the Fiona Shaw co-starrer, Andor offered a sneak peek at this latest expansion of the tales from a galaxy far far away:

Luna originally starred as Cassian Andor in Rogue One back in 2016.