FC Barcelona Reaches Agreement to Sign Rodri

Rodri is returning to his Spanish roots.

FC Barcelona have reached an agreement in principle to sign the 30-year-old Spanish professional soccer star and Manchester City midfielder, according to ESPN sources.

RodriBarça had failed with two previous bids for Rodri but the Spanish champions returned with a third offer over the weekend with the total package worth €76.5 million (£65.3M).

Sources confirmed to ESPN on Sunday that a deal had subsequently been brokered with Manchester City, with the two clubs exchanging paperwork and finalizing the agreement.

Rodri is expected to arrive in Barcelona in the coming days and could be presented before Wednesday’s Joan Gamper Trophy match against Al Ahly at Spotify Camp Nou.

The agreement for the Ballon d’Or winner came shortly after sources told ESPN fullback João Cancelo is also set to return to Barça as a free agent.

Cancelo and Rodri are set to become Barça’s fourth and fifth signings of a busy summer following the arrivals of Anthony GordonKarim Adeyemi and Jesse Bisiwu.

The club remain in the market for a striker, too, with Atlético Madrid‘s Julián Álvarez their top target following the exits of Robert Lewandowski and Ferran Torres.

Rodri was not initially a priority signing at the start of the summer but the club jumped on the opportunity once he became available after winning the FIFA World Cup with Spain.

A long-term injury suffered by Frenkie de Jong had also forced Barça to explore the midfield market.

Real Madrid also tried to sign former Atlético Madrid player Rodri, but sources told ESPN last week he preferred a move to Barça.

Once an agreement was in place between Rodri and Barça, the Catalan club stepped up negotiations with Manchester City, who were prepared to sanction a deal for the right price given he had only one year remaining on his contract.

Sources at Barça view Rodri as a statement signing who can help take Hansi Flick‘s side — back-to-back champions in Spain — to the next level in the coming seasons.

After spells with Villarreal and Atlético Madrid, Rodri joined City in 2019 and has won almost everything there is to win in the game, both collectively and individually.

In addition to four Premier League titles and a Champions League with Manchester City, he has also won the European Championships and World Cup with Spain, being named player of the tournament at both championships.

Bad Bunny Wins Dorian TV Award for His “The Apple Music Super Bowl LX Halftime Show”

Bad Bunny’s Super Bowl halftime show has earned a special award…

The Gay and Lesbian Entertainment Critics Association (GALECA) has voted on another year of the best in LGBTQ television, with the 32-year-old Puerto Rican Grammy-winning superstar taking home an award.

Bad BunnyBad Bunny claimed the Dorian TV Award for Best TV Musical Performance prize for his acclaimed The Apple Music Super Bowl LX Halftime Show.

The performance featured prominent LGBTQ+ representation and queer-coded camp elements.

The performance included guest appearances by queer icons Lady Gaga and Ricky Martin, same-sex dancing pairs (including two male dancers going viral for grinding on stage) and open celebration of queer-inclusive Latin culture.

GALECA Vice President Gerrick Kennedy, this year’s Dorian TV Awards chair, said, “There is always room for progress, but this year’s winners prove our community’s stories are as varied and worth telling as any other,” added Kennedy.

Here are the winners of the 2026 Dorian TV Awards:

BEST TV DRAMA
Heated Rivalry (HBO Max)

BEST TV COMEDY
Hacks (HBO Max)

BEST LGBTQ TV SHOW
Heated Rivalry (HBO Max)

BEST TV MOVIE OR LIMITED SERIES
Half Man (HBO Max)

BEST NON-ENGLISH LANGUAGE TV SHOW
Squid Game (Netflix)

BEST LGBTQ NON-ENGLISH LANGUAGE TV SHOW
The Boyfriend (Netflix)

BEST WRITTEN TV SHOW
Hacks (HBO Max)

BEST TV PERFORMANCE — DRAMA
Rhea Seehorn, Pluribus (Apple TV)

BEST SUPPORTING TV PERFORMANCE — DRAMA
François Arnaud, Heated Rivalry (HBO Max)

BEST TV PERFORMANCE — COMEDY
Jean Smart, Hacks (HBO Max)

BEST SUPPORTING TV PERFORMANCE — COMEDY
Kate O’Flynn, Widow’s Bay (Apple TV)

BEST TV MUSICAL PERFORMANCE
Bad Bunny, The Apple Music Super Bowl LX Halftime Show 

BEST UNSUNG TV SHOW
Boots (Netflix)

BEST CURRENT AFFAIRS SHOW
The Late Show With Stephen Colbert (CBS)

BEST TV DOCUMENTARY OR DOCUMENTARY SERIES
Mr. Scorsese (Apple TV)

BEST LGBTQ TV DOCUMENTARY OR DOCUMENTARY SERIES
Lilith Fair: Building a Mystery (Hulu)

BEST GENRE TV SHOW
Widow’s Bay (Apple TV)

BEST REALITY SHOW
The Traitors (Peacock)

BEST ANIMATED SHOW
South Park (Paramount+)

MOST VISUALLY STRIKING TV SHOW
Alien: Earth (FX/Hulu) (tie)
Pluribus (Apple TV) (tie)

CAMPIEST TV SHOW
The Hunting Wives (Netflix)

WILDE WIT AWARD
Hannah Einbinder

GALECA TV ICON AWARD
Lisa Kudrow

GALECA LGBTQIA+ TV TRAILBLAZER
Jacob Tierney

First Trailer Released for Season Two of Rosario Dawson’s “Star Wars” Series “Ahsoka”

Rosario Dawson is returning to a galaxy far, far away.

The 45-year-old Puerto Rican and Cuban American actress and activist is returning for season two of Disney+’s Star Wars series Ahsoka.

Rosario DawsonWhile new episodes won’t arrive until 2027, Disney has released a first trailer for the new season.

Season 2 continues the story of Ahsoka Tano (Dawson) and her extraordinary journey beyond the known galaxy. As Ahsoka and her Jedi apprentice Sabine Wren (Natasha Liu Bordizzo) travel across a mysterious and perilous world to find their way home, their friends must face the powerful Grand Admiral Thrawn (Lars Mikkelsen) and his sinister allies, who seek to plunge the New Republic into war.

Rosario Dawson, Star Wars, Ahsoka 2The cast also includes Rory McCann as evil former Jedi Baylan Skoll (taking over for the late Ray Stevenson, who played the character in Season 1) and Hayden Christensen returns as Anakin Skywalker — a role he played is the Star Wars prequels and TV series Obi-Wan Kenobi — along with Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Eman Esfandi and Ivanna Sakhno.

Ahsoka won a 2024 Emmy for Outstanding Fantasy/Sci-Fi Costumes and had four other nominations in crafts categories.

The Season 1 finale, which aired way back in October 2023, saw Grand Admiral Thrawn (Lars Mikkelsen) make the jump to hyperspace via a space loop, where Ezra (Esfandi) stowed away, while Ahsoka (Dawson) and Sabine (Liu) were marooned in the green tundra tumbleweeds of Peridea in a galaxy far, far away.

Thrawn’s m.o. is to reassemble the Empire aka “The Thrawn campaign,” which was a series of military and political maneuvers by the blue man to restore the Empire and implode the New Republic.

Dave Filoni created and writes the series, which returns for Season 2 early next year on Disney+.

https://youtu.be/Fdar7gTQnog?si=zbfJFBff-WGUHDgp

Benjamin Bratt Returning as Ernesto de la Cruz for Disney’s “Coco 2”

Benjamin Bratt is resurrecting a beloved character…

The 62-year-old half-Peruvian American Emmy-nominated actor will lend his voice to Disney’s animated film Coco 2, returning as the spiritual legendary singer Ernesto de la Cruz.

Benjamin Bratt,The film is set to debut in November 2029.

In part 2 of the beloved Dia de los Muertos-inspired film Miguel is now a teenager.

“He’s a little menace who ruined a career and destroyed a legend,” said Bratt, “Ernesto de la Cruz is back for revenge…proving that fate has twists.”

The original Coco hit theaters in 2017 and grossed $822.4 million worldwide, including $210.5 million domestic.

It’s the No. 27 animated movie of all time globally.

Keyla Monterroso Mejia to Appear on Season Two of “Scrubs” Revival

Keyla Monterroso Mejia is scrubbin’ in.

The 28-year-old Guatemalan and Mexican American actress and comedian is joining the cast of Scrubs for season two as a recurring guest star.

Keyla Monterroso Mejia,Monterroso Mejia will play Mimi, Turk’s (Donald Faison) new surgical nurse. A bit quirky with some sass, she’s a high-energy and loyal assisting hand for the surgeons.

Mimi is joining Sacred Heart amid some turnover, which includes the departure of charge nurse Raymond, played by X Mayo.

The Scrubs revival had been set up in a way that all cast except returning stars Zach Braff (John “J.D.” Dorian), Faison (Christopher “Turk” Turk) and Sarah Chalke (Elliot Reid) had been recurring.

That’s changing in Season 2 when Ava Bunn, who plays one of the new interns, Sam Tosh, is being promoted to series regular alongside Braff, Faison and Chalke.

In Season 2, J.D., Turk and Elliot have leveled up from interns to icons at Sacred Heart. Now, the respected doctors inspire the next generation while balancing the ups and downs of working in a hospital. Together with characters new and old, they are navigating this next chapter with laughter, heart and some surprises along the way.

The original series’ creator Bill Lawrence serves as executive producer on the revival via his Doozer Productionsalongside the company’s Jeff Ingold and Liza Katzer, as well as showrunner Aseem Batra and stars Braff, Faison and Chalke.

Scrubs is produced by 20th Television, a part of Disney Television Studios. The series will return to ABC on September 30 with a two-episode premiere, airing Wednesday and streaming next day on Hulu.

Mejia, known for her arc as Maria Sofia Estrada on Larry David’s HBO series Curb Your Enthusiasm, has been keeping busy recurring on several high-profile comedies, including as Seth Rogen’s harried assistant, Petra, on Apple TV’s Emmy-winning The Studio and as chaotic teacher’s aide Ashley on ABC’s Abbott Elementary.

She’ll next be seen recurring on the upcoming second season of Apple TV’s Bad Monkey opposite Vince Vaughn and the third season of Netflix’s Nobody Wants This.

Notre Dame Star Hannah Hidalgo Signs NIL Deal with Unrivaled Basketball

Hannah Hidalgo has an unrivaled opportunity…

The 21-year-old half-Puerto Rican college basketball player, a star guard with Notre Dame, has signed an NIL deal with Unrivaled Basketball for the second consecutive season as the 3-on-3 women’s basketball league continues to sponsor top college players.

Hannah HidalgoHidalgo will be joined by Madison BookerSarah Strong, KK Arnold, Jaloni CambridgeJoyce Edwards, Olivia Olson, Jada Williams and Mikaylah Williams.

“We’re proud to continue investing in the future of women’s basketball through our ‘Future is Unrivaled‘ initiative and are thrilled to be working with this talented group of athletes,” general manager Clare Duwelius said on Friday. “The excitement we’ve seen from these players to be part of this year’s summit is deeply matched at the league level. We can’t wait to welcome all nine athletes to Miami and continue building meaningful relationships as they become part of the Unrivaled ecosystem.”

It’s the third year that Unrivaled has had NIL deals with college players.

WNBA rookies Olivia Miles and Flau’Jae Johnson were part of the 2025 Unrivaled college class and have signed on to play with the organization this winter.

Just because a player has a deal with the basketball league, it doesn’t guarantee they’ll join the group in Miami to play. Azzi Fudd opted to play for Project B this upcoming winter instead of Unrivaled.

The nine college players will head down to Miami and meet at Unrivaled’s headquarters this weekend. The summit will include skill development sessions, content and merchandise shoots as well as group bonding activities.

Orlando Luz & Rafael Matos Become First Brazilian Duo to Win ATP Masters 1000 Title

Orlando Luz and Rafael Matos have entered the annals of tennis history…

The 28-year-old Brazilian professional tennis player and the 30-year-old Brazilian professional tennis player claimed their first ATP Masters 1000 title at the National Bank Open on Thursday, August 13, after rallying to upset the third seeds Marcelo Arevalo and Mate Pavic in the championship match.

Orlando Luz & Rafael Matos Luz and Matos dropped the first set, but ultimately came back from behind to win 5-7, 6-4, 10-6 and become the first Brazilian duo to win an ATP Masters 1000 title.

It’s the third title of the season for Luz and Matos, who also triumphed in Buenos Aires and Santiago earlier in 2026.

With their one-hour, 32-min win, Luz and Matos surged three spots to No. 8 in the ATP Doubles Race To Turin.

“This one means a lot for both of us, it’s a big title,” Luz said after the match. “Since we started this duo, our main goal was [to qualify for] the Turin finals. Still there is a long way to go, but we are inside the Top 8 so now we can keep grinding, keep working and make this dream come true.”

Arevalo and Pavic are currently No. 3 in the Race to Turin as they aim to continue a strong season that has included runner-up finishes at Wimbledon and Rolex Monte-Carlo Masters.

Colman Domingo to Receive Vantage Award from the Academy Museum of Motion Pictures

Colman Domingo has a new vantage point…

The 56-year-old Emmy-winning Belizean-Guatemalan American actor and activist has been named as one of this year’s honorees of the Academy Museum of Motion Pictures’ annual fundraising gala in October.

Colman Domingo, 2024 Met GalaHe’ll be honored alongside filmmaker John Carpenter and Oscar-winning actress Charlize Theron.

The gala, co-chaired by Robert Rodriguez, Steven Spielberg and Kate Capshaw, will take place on October 17.

Domingo will receive the Vantage Award honoring an artist who is helping to challenge dominant narratives around cinema.

Theron will receive the Icon Award, celebrating an artist whose career has had a significant global impact.

Carpenter, a director and composer, will receive the Luminary Award, given to an artist whose singular contributions have expanded the creative possibilities of filmmaking.

“The Academy Museum Gala is a celebration of the artists and storytellers whose work continues to shape the cultural impact of cinema around the world,” said Academy Museum Director and President Amy Homma. “For our sixth annual Gala, we are honored to recognize John Carpenter, Colman Domingo, and Charlize Theron, whose extraordinary careers exemplify the creativity, innovation, and excellence that continues to move the industry forward.”

The Academy previously announced upcoming programs that include Theron in conversation with the museum’s Teen Council on August 22, featuring a screening of Mad Max: Fury Road (2015); Carpenter will host three nights of screenings of his films, including Halloween (1978), on September 26, in celebration of The Horror Show, the Academy Museum’s new large-scale exhibition.

The 2026 Academy Museum Gala Host Committee, also announced today, includes Jessica Alba, Judd Apatow and Leslie Mann, Autumn Durald Arkapaw, Adrien Brody and Georgina Chapman, Jon M. Chu, Kirsten Dunst, Nicholas Galitzine, Ludwig and Serena Göransson, Regina Hall, Kate Hudson, Jessica Lange, Greta Lee, John Legend and Chrissy Teigen, Rami Malek, Demi Moore, Olivia Munn, Gina Prince-Bythewood, Questlove, Da’Vine Joy Randolph, Seth Rogen and Lauren Miller Rogen, Bird Runningwater and Teyana Taylor.

Ariana Greenblatt to Star in Amazon MGM’s New Romantic Comedy “Egg Baby”

Ariana Greenblatt has a new baby….

The 18-year-old half-Puerto Rican actress will star in Egg Baby, Amazon MGM’s new romantic comedy from director Natalia Anderson and XYZ Films.

Ariana GreenblattGreenblatt will star opposite Kingston Rumi Southwick and Arthur Conti in the film.

Written by Sawyer PerryEgg Baby follows a rebellious artist (Greenblatt) and a golden-boy quarterback (Southwick) who are forced to co-parent an egg for health class, only to find that raising “Yolk-o” might crack open something real between them.

Conti’s role hasn’t been disclosed.

XYZ Films is producing with Allison Friedman, in association with BuzzFeed Studios.

The film is set to stream globally on Prime Video.

Greenblatt is best known for playing Daphne Diaz in Disney‘s Stuck in the Middle, young Gamorain Avengers: Infinity War, Sasha in Barbie and Tiny Tina in Borderlands.

Ferran Torres Reportedly Leaving FC Barcelona for Paris Saint-Germain

Ferran Torres is preparing for a twilight in Paris

The 26-year-old Spanish soccer star and FC Barcelona forward will join European champions after the two clubs reached a deal in principle for around €50 million ($58m), a source confirmed to ESPN.

Ferran TorresThe transfer is reportedly expected to be completed in the coming days, with Torres due to fly to Paris to complete a medical exam before signing for the French side.

ESPN revealed earlier this week that Barça had rejected an opening offer of €40m from PSG but that negotiations remained ongoing.

Barça were open to keeping Torres, and even extending his contract but, with one year to run on his existing deal, agreed to sanction a move after he asked to leave.

Torres arrives at PSG on a high after scoring the winning goal in the FIFA World Cup final for Spain against Argentina.

He’ll play under Luis Enrique for a second time, having previously worked under the coach when he was Spain boss, and will add depth to one of Europe‘s strongest front lines.

Having started out as a winger, he has moved into a central position in recent years and is expected to be used as a No. 9 in Paris after the departure of Gonçalo Ramos to AC Milan.

Torres netted 21 goals for Barça last season, and his exit will leave the Spanish champions without a clear striker after Robert Lewandowski also left the club this summer, going to the Chicago Fire.

Atlético Madrid‘s Julián Álvarez remains their top target, but they could be forced to look elsewhere with the deal proving hard to get over the line.