Kid Cudi may soon experience the same movie soundtrack success as Bruno Mars, who performed the lead single from the Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1 soundtrack.
The 28-year-old part-Mexican American rapper, singer-songwriter and actor appears on the just-released soundtrack for the highly anticipated The Hunger Games.
Cudi, whose real name is Scott Ramon Seguro Mescudi, performs “The Ruler And The Killer.” The original track finds the Grammy-winning singer still in WZRD mode, with heavy drums and buzz-saw guitars propping up his pained groans and lurching hooks.
“I could not have done it with out my producing partners on the project for the film, The legendary and Godly T Bone Burnett and Greg Wells!” Cudi wrote on his Twitter page about his experience working on “The Ruler And The Killer.”
Produced by T-Bone Burnett, The Hunger Games: Songs from District 12 is a collection of folk-leaning music from a hodgepodge of top-line artists. Along with Cudi, the 16-song soundtrack features Taylor Swift, The Civil Wars, Arcade Fire, Maroon 5, Miranda Lambert featuring Pistol Annies and Birdy.
Here’s a look at the full track list:
1. Arcade Fire, “Abraham’s Daughter”
2. The Secret Sisters, “Tomorrow Will Be Kinder”
3. Neko Case, “Nothing To Remember”
4. Taylor Swift featuring The Civil Wars, “Safe & Sound”
5. Kid Cudi, “The Ruler And The Killer”
6. Punch Brothers, “Dark Days”
7. The Decemberists, “One Engine”
8. The Carolina Chocolate Drops, “Daughter’s Lament”
9. The Civil Wars, “Kingdom Come”
10. Glen Hansard, “Take The Heartland”
11. Maroon 5 featuring Rozzi Crane, “Come Away To The Water”
12. Miranda Lambert featuring Pistol Annies, “Run Daddy Run”
13. Jayme Dee, “Rules”
14. Taylor Swift, “Eyes Open”
15. The Low Anthem, “Lover Is Childlike”
16. Birdy, “Just A Game”