Joseph Baena is preparing for a different competition…
The 24-year-old half-Guatemalan American bodybuilder and realtor, the son of Arnold Schwarzenegger, is expected to compete on the 31st season of Dancing with the Starson Disney+.
TMZposted pictures of Baena attending rehearsal, wearing the same outfit he posed in for his Instagram account.
Like his pop, Baena is an Olympic lifter. He also works as a real estate agent and would like to act, apparently.
Earlier this year, he told Men’s Healththat he and his famous dad found common ground over fitness, and that Schwarzenegger gave him The Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding(which he coauthored) to help with his training.
“Even though I could call him anytime, I was too proud,” Baena told the magazine. His mom is Schwarzenegger’s former housekeeper, Mildred Baena. “My dad is old school, he doesn’t believe in handouts. He believes hard work pays off, and so do I. I love the word honor, and I’m very prideful in the sense that if I use my dad’s contacts or ask him for favors, I wonder what honor is that gonna bring me?”
An ABC spokesperson declined comment.
DWTSwill stream on Disney+ beginning September 19.
The 60-year-old stand-up comedian and actor has rescheduled his cancelled New Year’s Eve performance at the Muckleshoot Casino Resort in Auburn, Washington.
Lopez cancelled – and later rescheduled – his New Year’s Eve performance at the resort in Auburn, Washington, after falling ill and walking offstage during a matinee performance.
The cancellation of the evening show was confirmed by the resort in a tweet. The show was subsequently rescheduled for Friday, March 18.
According to a report by TMZ, Lopez was in the middle of a 4:00 pm show when, as told by an eyewitness, he began to sweat and asked for water. He then apologized to the audience and walked exited the stage.
An ambulance was observed pulling up to the venue, but it was unclear if it was intended for Lopez.
We are pleased to share tonight’s cancelled 8 pm performance by George Lopez has been rescheduled to Friday, March 18. pic.twitter.com/8xYUkMYtiA
The 35-year-old Colombian singer/songwriter has joined voices with 24kGoldn, iann dior and Justin Bieber for the official remix of “Mood,” which previously skyrocketed to No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 last month.
After teasing a “Mood” remix in a behind-the-scenes clip for his Billboard October Chartbreaker interview, 24kGoldn has finally announced that it was coming out on Friday, Nov. 6, by posting an animated cover of the four artists.
Bieber reposted the 19-year-old rapper’s tweet and shared the pre-save and pre-add link whyualwaysinamood.com, which got 24kGoldn in the best mood. “Man i love u,” he replied.
This marks the Biebs and J Balvin’s second official collaboration following the “Sorry” remix from the pop star’s 2015 album Purpose. Earlier this year, Bieber was seen filming the music video for “La Bomba,” the Spanish-language single that he teased during an episode of his Seasons YouTube Originals docuseries.
Although it never made it to the final cut of his 2020 album Changes, TMZreported the standalone single features the Colombian reggaeton singer, who’s also managed by Scooter Braun.
It looks like Jorge Masvidal could be getting the chance for a repeat…
The UFC is eyeing a welterweight rematch between the 35-year-old Cuban and Peruvian American mixed martial artist and Nate Diaz, according to UFC president Dana White.
Bout agreements haven’t been signed, but both sides are reportedly interested in the rematch.
The UFC is looking to book the rematch as the next bout for both Masvidal and Diaz, but a date hasn’t been set. TMZ has reported that the fight is targeted for UFC 256 on December 12. But sources tell ESPN the fight could also take place in January.
Masvidal and Diaz squared off last November in the main event of UFC 244 at Madison Square Garden for the inaugural BMF Championship. Masvidal (35-14) defeated Diaz via TKO when ringside physicians stopped the bout after the third round due to a facial cut. Diaz protested the stoppage.
Diaz (20-12) has not fought since the loss to Masvidal. The 35-year-old Mexican American welterweight fought twice in 2019 after a three-year layoff. He defeated Anthony Pettisin August of 2019 before losing to Masvidal in November.
The 33year-old Mexican American mixed martial artist and former UFC bantamweight and flyweight champion tells TMZ that he’d consider a return to the Octagon if he were given a fight against Alexander Volkanovski.
Cejudo wants a crack at Volkanovski’s UFC featherweight title to complete the championship trifecta — a feat no one in promotion history has ever pulled off.
“I’ve done everything in MMA,” Cejudo told TMZ.
“I’m satisfied with my career. There would only be one fight that would really bring me back — that would really wake me up in the morning. Other than [boxer] Ryan Garcia, it would be Alexander Volkanovski. That overgrown midget. I would love to make him bend the knee. He’s already halfway there.”
Since the retirement announcement, the UFC has removed Cejudo from the promotion’s official rankings and taken him off the website as bantamweight champion. UFC president Dana White has said that a vacant bantamweight title fight between Petr Yan and former featherweight champion Jose Aldo is in the offing this summer.
Cejudo, though, acknowledged to TMZ for the first time that there was indeed a way to bring him back. That would be a chance at a third belt.
“I want to be different,” Cejudo said. “There’s a lot of champ champs. Obviously there’s only one Triple C — there’s only one Olympic champ, flyweight champ, bantamweight champion of the world. It’s just to cement it and go in the history books as the greatest mixed martial artist of all time.”
Cejudo (16-2) is on a six-fight winning streak, a stretch that goes back to 2016. The Arizona resident is one of only four fighters in UFC history told hold two titles in two different weight classes at the same time. Cejudo owns wins over Cruz, TJ Dillashaw and Demetrious Johnson.
Vergara reportedly met with top executives at the network yesterday. It was a broad, general meeting to discuss a number of possible projects and collaborations, including Vergara joining the America’s Got Talent judging panel.
According to TMZ, which first reported about the meeting, reps for AGTproducer Fremantlealso were present.
AGThas two vacancies after the reality hit created and executive produced by Simon Cowellopted not to bring back as judges Gabrielle Unionand Julianne Houghfollowing one-season stints.
The firings triggered a wave of controversy after it was revealed that Union had complained of a toxic work environment and racism before being let go. The backlash prompted NBC and Fremantle to launch an investigation, which is ongoing.