Bad Bunny Releases Surprise New Single “100 Millones,” Featuring Luar La L

Bad Bunny is giving fans 100 million reasons to dance…

The 27-year-old Puerto Rican rap superstar, whose real name is Benito Antonio Martínez Ocasio, has surprised fans with the release of the new single “100 Millones.”

Bad Bunny W Magazine Cover

Bad Bunny dropped the new track at the stroke of midnight, without much fanfare.

With an assist from Luar La L, it’s Bunny’s first release of new material this year, and the followup to single “La Noche De Anoche” with Rosalía, which appeared on his 2020 album El Último Tour del Mundo.

And, there’s more new music on the way.

Bad Bunny stopped by New Music Daily on Apple Music 1 to discuss the new number and his next song “Yonaguni,” which is due out next week.

Luar La L “is so hot right now on the streets in Puerto Rico is killing it,” Bad Bunny told New Music Daily host Zane Lowe. “He has that confidence. He has the energy.”

Of “Yonaguni,” expect a bit of both words. “It’s a balance is what people want,” he explained. “But that’s the idea, make a balance, give the people (what) they want, like the street fire street bang, and also like a chill, sweet rhythm to dance and enjoy for the summer.”

Bad Bunny wrote the song just three weeks ago, not long after her completed his WWE debut. “I was like three months working hard training, learning how to get the bump. How to fight, how to throw the punches,” he said of his time in the ring. “But I enjoyed it a lot. It was a dream come true. I was like a kid.”

Bad Bunny is in red-hot form. He won four categories at the 2021 Billboard Music Awards last weekend, including top Latin artist for the second year in a row, and performed “Te Deseo lo Mejor” on the night. The song is lifted from El Último Tour Del Mundo, which made history last year as the first all-Spanish-language album to hit No. 1 on the all-genre Billboard 200 chart.

It was his second record-setting feat in the same calendar year. Earlier in 2020, his album YHLQMDLG opened at No. 2 on the Billboard 200, for what was then the highest charting all-Spanish-language title on the chart.

Aimee Garcia to Co-Write Untitled “47 Ronin” Sequel with AJ Mendez

Aimee Garcia has the write stuff…

The 42-year-old Puerto Rican and Mexican American actress and Lucifer star has been brought in to co-pen the upcoming untitled 47 Ronin sequel alongside New York Times bestselling author AJ Mendez for Universal 1440 Entertainment.

 

The action-fantasy film, which is being directed by Mulan‘s Ron Yuan, is thAimee Garciae follow up to the 2013 Universal Keanu Reeves movie which grossed over $151M WW.

The original film was directed by Carl Rinsch and written by Chris Morgan and Hossein Amini from a story conceived by Morgan and Walter Hamada. Also starring in that film were Hiroyuki Sanada, Tadanobu Asano, Rinko Kikuchi and Ko Shibasaki.

Based on Chūshingura, 47 Ronin tells a fictionalized account of the titular 47 rōnin, a real-life group of samurai in the 18th century who set out to avenge the death of their master who was killed by a merciless shogun.

“AJ and I are excited to write a diverse and inclusive action film,” said Garcia. “Director Ron Yuan’s vision to blend martial arts, horror, cyber-punk and action was inspiring and we’d like to thank the team at 1440 for being so supportive.”

“As creators of color, we’re honored to be part of a modern, multicultural story with powerful female leads,” said Mendez.

Garcia currently stars on Netflix’s Lucifer, new episodes of which are dropping on May 28, and she’ll also star in Marvel’s MODOK, premiering on Hulu on May 21.

Mendez’s pilot script Home landed on The Black List’s inaugural Latinx TV List in 2020. She’s a former championship wrestler with the WWE.

Garcia and Mendez are the co-authors of the comic book series Glow, based on the Netflix property, and Dungeons and Dragons for IDW Publishing, as well as Wonder Woman for DC Comics coming out in July.

The duo recently launched Scrappy Heart Productions to create diverse stories with universal themes across all media. Currently, Scrappy Heart is adapting Crazy Is My Superpower, based on Mendez’s bestselling memoir.

Bad Bunny to Perform “Booker T” at WWE’s Royal Rumble

Bad Bunny is preparing for a rumble…

The 26-year-old Puerto Rican reggaeton and Latin trap singer-songwriter will perform at the WWE‘s Royal Rumble on Sunday, January 31.

Bad Bunny

Bad Bunny will perform “Booker T,” from his chart-topping album El Último Tour Del Mundo.

“Performing at the Royal Rumble is a childhood dream come true,” Bad Bunny said in a statement. “I have been a lifelong fan of WWE and I am excited to take the stage and entertain fans around the world.”

This performance will be the first time Bunny sings “Booker T” live. On the song, inspired by wrestling legend Booker T, Bad Bunny sings about staying at the top of his game just like the wrestler, who stars in the singer-songwriter’s music video.

“Bad Bunny is at the top of the music industry, and a pop culture icon with strong ties to WWE and our fans around the world,” said Neil Lawi, senior vice president and general manager, WWE Music Group. “We are thrilled to provide a global platform for his first-ever live performance of ‘Booker T’ as we kick off the road to WrestleMania.”

“Booker T” has so far peaked at No. 8 on Billboard‘s Hot Latin Songs chart, back in December, while the album itself made history by becoming the first all-Spanish album to hit No. 1 on the all-genre Billboard 200.

Royal Rumble will stream live on January 31 on WWE Network at 7:00 pm ET.

Bad Bunny Releases “Booker T” Video, Featuring the WWE Wrestler

Bad Bunny is wrestlin’ with a new video co-star…

The 26-year-old Puerto Rican Latin trap and reggaeton singer/rapper has released the official music video for his latest single, “Booker T,” starring the song’s subject, the WWE wrestler of the same name.

Bad Bunny x Booker T

“Booker T,” from the chart-topping El Último Tour Del Mundo album, has Bad Bunny saying he’s at the top of his game, akin to the wrestling legend Booker T.

In his new video, it’s not just a reference. He raps around Booker T himself, who steadily keeps his composure until finally giving in to a bit of dancing — and, of course, yelling out his signature phrase, “Can you dig it, sucka?”

“ESTOY EN MI PEAK,” Booker T wrote as he quoted the song on Twitter, where he proudly shared the new clip multiple times.

“EMPEZÓ EL 2021,” Bad Bunny tweeted with his video announcement.

Dany Garcia Among the New Owners of the XFL

It’s game on for Dany Garcia

The 51-year-old Cuban American businesswoman and producer, her former husband Dwayne Johnson and RedBird Capital Partners have bought the XFL, a twice-unsuccessful professional football alternative to the NFL fronted by WWE chief Vince McMahon, for $15 million.

Dany Garcia

Garcia and her business partners were selected as the winning bidder for the assets controlled by Alpha Entertainment, the parent company of the XFL.

The transaction is subject to bankruptcy court approval at a hearing this Friday. Assuming that closing conditions are satisfied, the acquisition is expected to close on or shortly after August 21.

In announcing the deal, Garcia and her fellow projected new owners said they have secured “the ability to option live entertainment intellectual property for further expansion across sports, live events and original entertainment programming.”

The XFL, which had two single-season attempts to go up against the NFL, one in 2000 and the second this year, was fronted by McMahon and the WWE, which owned a 23.5% stake in the league. After starting its season in February, the XFL was forced to shut down due to COVID-19 in March. It filed for bankruptcy in April.

“For Dwayne, Gerry and myself, this property represents an incredible opportunity. It is the confluence of great passion, tradition and possibility” Garcia said. “Sports and entertainment are the foundations of the businesses I have built. Melding our expertise combined with our commitment to deliver exciting and inspiring unique content, has us all focused on developing the XFL brand into a multi-media experience that our athletes, partners and fans will proudly embrace and love.”

Johnson has a connection to the sport, having played college football at Miami.

“The acquisition of the XFL with my talented partners, Dany Garcia and Gerry Cardinale, is an investment for me that’s rooted deeply in two things – my passion for the game and my desire to always take care of the fans,” Johnson said. “With pride and gratitude for all that I’ve built with my own two hands, I plan to apply these callouses to the XFL, and look forward to creating something special for the players, fans, and everyone involved for the love of football.”

Jeffrey Pollack, president and COO of the XFL, called it a “Hollywood ending” to the process of seeking a sale.

Garcia and Johnson are co-founders of Seven Bucks Companies, a multi-platform enterprise pioneering original content for television, film, emerging technologies and digital networks.

RedBird was founded by former Goldman Sachs partner Cardinale. He has orchestrated a range of major sports deals over the past 20 years involving his clients and teams like the New York Yankees, Dallas Cowboys as well as leagues like the NFL.

The XFL was the latest in a long line of failed attempts to dislodge the NFL from its perch as the No. 1 sports league in America. Football fans haven’t tuned in en masse for leagues like the Alliance of American Football, the United States Football League or the World Football League.

The first XFL season, in 2000, provided a brief summertime splash in the ratings for NBC, which was a part-owner of the league at the time, before quickly fading.

The latest iteration of the XFL differed from the first attempt in that it didn’t try to amp up the violence or present more scantily clad cheerleaders. Kickoffs, a routine feature of games that experts have linked to high rates of concussions, underwent a dramatic change in the XFL, with teams lining up close to each other so as to eliminate running-start collisions. Other innovations included microphones on the sidelines, enabling fans to follow the game in more detail.

E! Renews The Bella Twins’ “Total Bellas” Docuseries for Sixth Season

NikkiBrie are still the Bellas of the ball…

E! has given the green light for a sixth season of its docuseries Total Bellas, which follows the lives of the 36-year-old half-Mexican American twin sisters and WWE stars, Nikki Bella and Brie Bella.

The Bella Twins

The NBCUniversal cable network will launch the next run of the show later this fall.

Season 5 of the show, which ended on Thursday, June 11, featured Nikki and Artem’s French engagement and the twins finding out they’re both expecting and due within weeks of each other.

The upcoming season will highlight the birth of their babies as Nikki navigates the joys of parenthood for the first time and Brie becomes a mom of two.

The fifth season is averaging around 1 million viewers, with 598,000 in the total 18-49 demo with around three quarters of these viewers women. This average is up 9% from last season and the show consistently ranks among the top ten shows in primetime across ad-supported cable nets.

Howie Dorough & the Backstreet Boys to Perform on Fox’s ‘New Year’s Eve with Steve Harvey’ Special

Howie Dorough is ready to ring in the New Year with a bangin’ performance…

The 46-year-old half-Puerto Rican singer and his Backstreet Boys mates will take the stage for Fox’s third annual Fox’s New Year’s Eve with Steve Harvey: Live from Times Square special.

Backstreet Boys

Dorough and the Backstreet Boys join a lineup that includes LL Cool JDJ Z-Trip, the Chainsmokers, the Lumineers, Florida Georgia LineTygaand The Killers, along with celebrity appearances by Gordon RamsayWill Arnettand Jenna Dewan.

Maria Menounos and NFL ex-player Rob Gronkowskiwill co-host the evening, which will feature a performance by Angel Moralesand his fellow Village Peoplemembers as the group tries to set a world record for the largest YMCAdance.

The evening also will feature a WWE match with Roman Reigns.

The Fox party starts at 8:00 pm live from Manhattan, with a tape-delayed edition for the Mountain and Pacific time zones.

Tito Ortiz to Fight Alberto El Patron in December

Tito Ortiz is heading back to the octagon before year’s end…

The 44-year-old half-Mexican American former mixed martial artist will be coming out of retirement to fight a former World Wrestling Entertainment champion later this year.

Tito Ortiz

The Ortiz vs. Alberto El Patron, a 210-pound catchweight fight, will take place on December 7 in Hidalgo, Texas, and it will air live on pay-per-view, according to Combate Americas. The time and location of the fight were first announced on Monday’s episode of Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show

El Patron, 42, formerly known as Alberto Del Rio in WWE and born Jose Alberto Rodriguez, hasn’t competed in MMA since 2010. He stopped fighting with a 9-5 pro record but did win six of his past seven fights. Following his MMA run, he turned his attention to a career with WWE and eventually became a multiple-time heavyweight champion. He has not worked for WWE since 2016.               

The fight is expected to cost $39.99 on pay-per-view.

Ortiz (20-12-1), a former UFC light heavyweight champion and Hall of Famer, announced his retirement following his November 2018 victory over his long-time rival Chuck Liddell. However, in April, Ortiz signed a multi-fight deal with Combate. The El Patron fight will mark his first for the promotion.

El Patron is most known in MMA circles for his 2003 knockout loss to Mirko Cro Copat Pride Bushido 1, where he competed under the moniker Dos Caras Jr.while wearing a luchador mask. He’s currently training for this fight with former Bellator fighter Javier Torres, current Bellator heavyweight and light heavyweight champion Ryan Baderand UFC veteran CB Dollaway, among others.

The event, which will take place at the Payne Arena in Hidalgo, will also feature Combate’s first women’s strawweight title fight.

Cain Velasquez in Talks to Join WWE Full Time

Cain Velasquezis wrestling with change…

The 37-year-old Mexican American mixed martial artist and wrestler isofficially stepping out of the Octagon and into the pro-wrestling ring for the foreseeable future.

Cain Velasquez 

Velasquez, a two-time UFC heavyweight champion, is in advanced talks to sign with WWE

He made a surprise appearance on Friday on WWE SmackDown‘s Fox premiere at Staples Center, confronting Brock Lesnarin the closing moments of the show. Velasquez said he was not officially retired from the UFC, but pro wrestling is likely to be his focus right now.

Velasquez said no deal has been signed, and he also has been in discussions with other wrestling promotions, including upstart All Elite Wrestling (AEW) and New Japan Pro-Wrestling.

WWE could look to set up a blockbuster match between Velasquez and Lesnar, also a former UFC heavyweight champion. 

Velasquez knocked out Lesnar to win the UFC belt in 2010. Coincidentally, Velasquez headlined the UFC’s first show on Fox in 2011, and Friday he was a major part of WWE’s Fox premiere, walking to the ring with Rey Mysterio and hitting Lesnar with a double-leg takedown.

Velasquez debuted in pro wrestling in August with Mexico’s Lucha Libre AAA. Velasquez is a celebrity in Mexico due to his UFC success and how he has marketed himself in the country. The 6-foot-2, 250-pound California native impressed at AAA’s Triplemaniashow in front of 18,000 at Mexico City Arena, pulling off athletic moves that were unexpected for a man his size.

Last month, Velasquez had a second match for AAA at Madison Square Garden‘s Hulu Theatre and his ability once again turned heads. The MMA star has been training full time in pro wrestling only since June, at Pro Wrestling Revolution in San Jose, California. 

Velasquez has been doing it all with multiple torn ligaments in his left knee, an injury he suffered in a knockout loss to Francis Ngannouat UFC Phoenix in February.

Velasquez (14-3) is one of the most accomplished fighters in UFC history. He won the UFC heavyweight belt in 2010, and then again in 2012. Velasquez owns victories over the likes of Junior Dos Santos(twice), Antonio Rodrigo Nogueiraand Lesnar. Injuries to his knees, back and shoulders marred his run atop the division. Velasquez has fought just three times since 2013. He dropped the heavyweight title to Fabricio Werdumin 2015 and rebounded to beat Travis Browneat UFC 200 in 2016.

In 2018, Velasquez trained at WWE’s Performance Centerto see if he could physically work a match in the ring. He drew rave reviews from coaches there, but things didn’t work out at that time with WWE as far as a contract, and he ended up signing a short-term deal with AAA.

After his two appearances for AAA in August and September, Velasquez saw the interest in him increase. WWE came back to the table.

“We’ve talked a little bit back and forth and nothing happened,” Velasquez said. “They wanted to see my development. I think they’re pleased with what I’m doing now.”

Velasquez’s interest in pro wrestling comes at a particularly busy moment in pro wrestling history. The emergence of AEW, owned by the Khan family, which also owns the Jacksonville Jaguars and Fulham FC, is the first major effort to enter a space dominated by WWE for 20 years. Additionally, WWE signed TV contracts valued at over $1 billion to bring SmackDown to Fox and extend Monday Night Raw on the USA Network.

Velasquez would join the likes of Lesnar and Ronda Rouseyas former UFC champions in WWE. WWE also has UFC veterans Matt Riddleand Shayna Baszlerunder contract.

“This is definitely my focus,” Velasquez said of pro wrestling. “My family is into it, they love it. They’re super excited. I haven’t seen them excited over something like this in a while. It’s cool.”