Jonas Cuaron to Direct Bad Bunny in Sony Pictures’ “El Muerto”

Jonas Cuaron has landed a project to die for…

The 41-year-old Mexican film director, screenwriter, producer, editor and cinematographer will direct Sony PicturesEl Muerto, starring Bad Bunny.

Jonás CuarónCuarón, the son of Oscar winner Alfonso Cuarón, is known for the 2015 thriller film Desierto.

El Muerto is in early development, and Gareth Dunnet-Alcocer is writing the script.

El Muerto is a character within Spider-Man’s universe, and the film would mark the first time a Latino character leads a Marvel live-action film. He is an antihero and the son of a luchador next in line to inherit the ancestral power of “El Muerto.”

“It’s amazing, it’s incredible,” Bad Bunny, whose real name is Benito A Martínez Ocasio, said earlier this year at Cinemacon about his involvement in El Muerto. “I love wrestling. I grew up watching wrestling, and I’m a wrestler. I’m a former champion, so this is why I love this character. I think it’s the perfect role to me, and it will be epic.”

Although Bad Bunny is best known for his Grammy-winning music, he has been getting more involved in the acting world.

He had an arc in the Netflix series Narcos: México, playing Arturo “Kitty” Páez. Earlier this year he made his big-screen debut in Bullet Train, where he was directed by David Leitch and shared screen credits with Brad Pitt, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Andrew Koji, Michael Shannon and Sandra Bullock, among others.

Sony Pictures is expected to release El Muerto in theaters on January 12, 2024.

Sony Developing “El Muerto” Marvel Character Film with Bad Bunny Attached to Star

Bad Bunny is dying for an exciting new role…

Sony Pictures, looking to continue to expand and diversify its universe of Marvel characters, is developing an El Muerto movie with the 28-year-old Puerto Rican Grammy-winning singer attached to star.

Bad BunnyThe announcement was made at Cinemacon during Sony’s panel where Bad Bunny made a surprise appearance.

The character of El Muerto, aka Juan Carlos, was a super powered wrestler who originally fought Spider-Man in a charity wrestling match in which he nearly unmasked the webslinger before being stung by Spider-Man with a paralyzing poison. After his oppressor El Dorado came to claim his life, he was saved by Spider-Man, after which the two team up to defeat Dorado.

El Muerto would mark the first Latin superhero to get his own film in the universe of Marvel characters, coming right after Sony recently dated Madame Webwhich marked the first female character from the Spider-Man universe to get her own film.

Though El Muerto isn’t as popular as Venom or Kraven the Hunter, Sony’s rush to get this film into development has much to do with Bad Bunny’s persistence in finding that right superhero property for himself.

The superstar is set to make his major studio debut in the highly-anticipated action film Bullet Train on July 29, a project that led to Aaron Taylor-Johnson landing the lead role in Kraven the Hunter. 

The same situation looks to have happened with Bad Bunny with executives extremely high on the final Bad Bunny footage from the film.

Following recent meetings to figure out a starring vehicle for him, the multi-hyphenate took matters into his own hands and began mining the Spider-Man library for Latin characters that would suit him, eventually coming across El Muerto. The studio loved the idea and hopes to move quickly on the project given Bad Bunny’s busy touring and acting schedule.

Besides Bullet Train, he was also recently seen in Narcos: Mexico and has Cassandro coming out alongside Gael García Bernal. He also recently wrapped his arena tour El Ultimo Tour Del Mundo

El Muerto will come out on Jan. 12, 2024.

Benito Antonio Marinez Ocasio (aka Bad Bunny) said working on Bullet Train was “an amazing experience. David (Leitch) is awesome. I loved working with him on my first film and now with this opportunity to bring El Muerto to life. It’s amazing, it’s incredible. I love wrestling. I grew up watching wrestling and I’m a wrestler. I’m a former champion so this is why I love this character. I think it’s the perfect role to me and it will be epic.”

Ariana DeBose to Star in Sony Pictures’ Marvel Film “Kraven the Hunter”

Ariana DeBose is ready to Calypso

The 31-year-old half-Puerto Rican actress/singer/dancer, who made history with her SAG Awards win on Sunday, is set to join Sony PicturesMarvel film Kraven the Hunter, starring Aaron Taylor Johnson in the titular role.

Ariana DeBoseAlthough it’s unconfirmed, sources say DeBose would play Calypso in the movie.

J.C. Chandor is directing the film with Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach producing. Art Marcum and Matt Holloway and Richard Wenk penned the screenplay.

One of Sony Pictures’ universe of Marvel characters, Kraven is among Marvel’s most iconic and notorious antiheroes who has encountered Venom and Black Panther among many others as well as being one of Spider-Man’s best-known and most-formidable enemies. The film will be released theatrically January 13, 2023.

As for Calypso, she is a voodoo priestess who utilizes magic potions, and besides being an adversary of Spider-Man, she is also the occasional partner and lover of Kraven.

Sony is coming off a hot streak, with Spider-Man: No Way Home becoming the biggest film of 2021 with $1.8 billion in worldwide sales after Venom: Let There Be Carnage made more than $500 million worldwide. As for future films, the Jared Leto-starrer Morbius bows in the U.S. in April, and the studio just named Dakota Johnson to lead Madame Web.

DeBose’s stock has been skyrocketing following her scene-stealing role as Anita in Steven Spielberg’s Oscar-nominated West Side Story adaptation. Besides taking home the SAG Award for Supporting Actress, DeBose also has Oscars, BAFTA and Critics Choice nominations in the same category.

She’ll next appear in Matthew Vaughn’s action film Argylle from Apple, starring opposite Henry Cavill, Bryan Cranston, Samuel L. Jackson and Dua Lipa, and will also star in Gabriela Cowperthwaite’s space thriller I.S.S. alongside Chris Messina and Pilou Asbaek.

Bad Bunny to Star Opposite Brad Pitt in the Action Film “Bullet Train”

Bad Bunny is speeding into Hollywood like a bullet

The 26-year-old Puerto Rican Latin trap and reggaeton singer will star opposite Brad Pitt in action film Bullet Train.

Bad Bunny

The Latin Grammy winner and platinum-selling recording artist joins a cast that includes Joey King, Aaron Taylor Johnson, Brian Tyree Henry, Zazie Beetz, Michael Shannon, Logan Lerman, Masi Oka and Andrew Koji.

David Leitch will direct and also supervise the script, which will be written by Zak Olkewicz.

The film is based on the Japanese novel Maria Beetle by bestselling author Kotaro Isaka.

Plot details are vague, and it is unknown who Sanada will be playing.

Bad Bunny’s most recent album, El Ultimo Tour del Mundo debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart, becoming the first all-Spanish album to reach this position. This year, he was proclaimed the No. 1 artist globally on Spotify and the No. 1 Latin artist of 2020 by Billboard for second consecutive year.

Most recently, he released his single Dakiti with Jhay Cortez, which made history as the first Latin song to simultaneously reach #1 on the Billboard Global 200 and Billboard Global Excl. U.S. as well as on Spotify’s Top 200 and Apple Music’s Top 100: Global.

He’s set to make his acting debut in the Kevin Hart produced drama American Solestarring Pete Davidson, O’Shea Jackson Jr, Camila Mendes and Offset.

Eva Longoria Taking Part in Celebrity Bake Sale “America’s Sweetest” to Support of Epidermolysis Bullosa Medical Research Foundation (EBMRF)

Eva Longoria is hittin’ the kitchen for a good cause…

The 45-year-old Mexican American actress is joining Courteney Cox, John Stamos, Aaron Taylor Johnson, Bridget Moynahan, Elizabeth Olsen and others as they show off their sweet teeth for charity.

Eva Longoria

Foodie app Off the Menu, Beverly Center and DoorDash have announced the launch of a partnership called America’s Sweetest, a charitable bake sale to support the Epidermolysis Bullosa Medical Research Foundation (EBMRF).

The one-day initiative is scheduled for October 14 in honor of National Dessert Day, and it finds a roster of names teaming up with local eateries to create custom desserts.

Pre-order began on Oct. 9 with day-of pick up on October 14 available at Beverly Center or via DoorDash delivery throughout the Los Angeles area. Dessert boxes cost $125 each with proceeds donated directly to the EBMRF. Individual desserts will be also be made available at the eatery location the day of the event.

The lineup includes: Cox with Little Pine; Haylie Duff with Lou, the French on the Block; Longoria with Porto’s Bakery; Moynahan with Joan’s on Third; Olsen with Just What I Kneaded; Roselyn Sánchez and Eric Winter with Baked by ShaSha; John and Caitlin Stamos with Valerie Confections; and Sam and Aaron Taylor Johnson with Gjusta.

“We’re thrilled to have Off the Menu support EBMRF and create a program in America’s Sweetest we think can continue to grow over the years while sharing our mission of raising funds for this disorder,” said Andrea Joseph, who launched the foundation with husband Paul Joseph to help support research and finding a cure for the condition which their son Brandon has battled his entire life.

Added Off the Menu founder Lawrence Longo: “We know that food can act as a way to connect and educate people. We’re thrilled to be able to create an event like America’s Sweetest that will allow us to raise money for EBMRF while putting together a ‘care package’ that any food lover and especially those with a sweet tooth will obsess over.”

Imagined by Off The Menu, the initiative follows its Burger Showdown and Wing Showdown competitions held over the summer. As part of America’s Sweetest, Off the Menu will host videos from each celebrity participant on its website and platform.

More information about the initiative can be found here.

Expanded Trailer Released for “Kick Ass 2,” Featuring Leguizamo’s Character

John Leguizamo is ready to kick arse

The 48-year-old Colombian American actor appears in the just-released Comic-Con red band trailer for Kick Ass 2.

John Leguizamo in Kick Ass 2

And by the look of things, the sequel to the cult hit promises to be as violent and profane-riddled as its predecessor.

The expanded trailer features never before seen footage, with the body count, blood, gore and even creative profanity more intense than the first film.

“We put (these characters) through a meat grinder in this one,” said director Jeff Wadlow.

Along with Leguizamo, the film stars Jim Carrey, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Chloe Moretz and Christopher Mintz-Plasse.

Kick Ass 2 opens nationwide on August 16.

New Trailer Released for John Leguizamo’s “Kick-Ass 2”

John Leguizamo is all suited up for his next project…

Another action-packed trailer has been released for the highly anticipated film Kick-Ass 2, which stars the 48-year-old Colombian actor.

John Leguizamo

In the sequel to the 2010 pseudo-superhero film Kick-Ass, the costumed high-school hero Kick-Ass joins with a group of normal citizens who’ve been inspired to fight crime in costume. The copycat do-gooders include the masked Colonel Stars and Stripes (portrayed by Jim Carrey).Meanwhile, the Red Mist plots an act of revenge that will affect everyone Kick-Ass knows.

Leguizamo, who portrays Javier in the film, joins a cast that includes Kick-Ass 2’s returning actors Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Chloe Grace Moretz and Christopher Mintz-Plasse.

del Toro to Appear in Prada’s Fall/Winter 2013 Campaign

The Devil Wears Prada… And apparently so does The Wolfman.

Benicio de Toro has been cast by Prada’s designer and owner Miuccia Prada as one of the fashion house’s latest models.

Benicio del Toro II

The 45-year-old Puerto Rican actor, who starred in 2010’s The Wolfman, will appear in Prada’s fall/winter 2013 ad campaign.

In addition to del Toro, Prada has cast Harvey Keitel, as well as young actors Aaron Taylor-Johnson, who appearswith del Toro in Oliver Stone’s Savages and Dane DeHaan, who will star in The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Getting acclaimed film actors to appear in her ads and on her runways is par for the Prada course. Earlier this year, she selected a diverse cast including Gary Oldman, Jamie Bell, Willem Dafoe and Garrett Hedlund to star in the brand’s autumn/winter 2012 men’s ad campaign.

And at the Milan fall/winter collections in January, Oldman, Adrien Brody and Jamie Bell were among the Hollywood A-list celebrities who walked in the Prada menswear show.